Thursday, September 25, 2014

Responses to The Flickering Darkness (Revisited) at Unlimited Festival


We received some wonderful feedback from the visitors who experienced the work in installation at Unlimited Festival

Here is a selection of the responses that were written in the visitors' book that we would like to share.




“The level of intimacy accomplished with the multi-screen editing is intriguing, as well as the anonymity of workers/consumers.”

“Beautiful installation. It embraces the force and softness of a land I have started to forget: my original land. Memories of many generations.”

“Incredible piece of art. The Flickering Darkness (Revisited) shows not just a reality of an invisible community that feeds Bogotรก and their surroundings but shows a true beauty, the colours, the lights, the beauty of the chaos. Thank you for this beautiful work.”

“The installation really made me feel that I was in Corabastos, experiencing it personally.”

“Absolutely wonderful. Very political. Made me wonder about the passage of the food through the body and the issues of fair trade.”

“I really enjoyed this film. It was very thought provoking and made me think about my own relationship with food, as well as how we treat food and the distribution of it in the UK. I really enjoyed the three screen format. I had never experienced that before and I liked how it made me constantly concentrate and view different aspects of the same scene.”

No comments:

Post a Comment